I just turned 40. This is how I feel. by Jackie
I have been helping various friends celebrate their 40th birthday for more than a decade. And for just as long, I wondered how I was going to feel when that day came for me. It's easy to feel put off by the number or dismiss it as "over the hill" when you're in your 20s and even throughout your 30s. So I would always ask, "How do you FEEL??", hoping for some deep philosophical answer on the psychological adjustment of aging, I think. But the answers I always got were consistently tucked under one of two simple umbrellas: "I feel old." or "I feel the same."Read More
Two Years! by Jackie
Today, January 7th, marks the two year anniversary of BODYpow as an official class! In the spirit of reflective celebration, I thought I would share how the class began on January 7, 2013. It was never a deliberate "I think I'll try to develop a workout program now" kind of thing.Read More
You know BODYpow is working when... by Jackie
- You need to ask for help standing from the seated position (aka toilet).
- The words "booty lifter" evoke a sense of primal fear.
- Your significant other asks you, "Why do you do this to yourself?"
- You roll over in bed and the word "obliques" pops into your mind.
- The words "last time here" evoke a sense of eternal bliss.
- You plan your day in thirty second intervals.
- Your notion of self-betterment entails suppressing the urge to vomit.
- "Warm Up" means normal person's work out.
- You know more versions of push ups, sit ups and burpees than there are days in the year.
- You want to hate her but she is just too nice.
Courtesy of Scott B.! Thank you, made me laugh!
See you soon. :)
BODYpow is Not About Weight Loss by Jackie
BODYpow is not about weight loss. It is about using mental strength to gain physical strength. It is about digging deep and powering through. It is about empowerment. It is about feeling strong and capable throughout your day, every day.